What to do if you I have symptoms matching the new corona virus?
Do you have symptoms of a cold, such as a stuffed or runny nose, throat ache or mild cough?
- Get a test.
- Stay at home. Wait it out. Don’t do the groceries or receive visitors. Ask others to get your groceries for you or have them delivered. Ask someone else to walk the dog.
- For members of your household without symptoms, the same rules apply as for everyone else in the Netherlands.
- Once you have been free of symptoms for 24 hours, you’re free to go outside.
Do you have symptoms of a cold as well as a fever (over 38 degrees Celsius) and or/shortness of breath?
- Everyone stays home. Wait it out. Don’t do the groceries or receive visitors.
- Other members of your household are also not allowed out. The only exception is for household members without symptoms to get the groceries.
- Once everyone has been free of symptoms for 24 hours, you’re free to go out.
When to call the GP?
You phone the GP or out of hours service if 1 or more of the following applies:
- your illness has been worsening for several days
- you’re finding it increasingly difficult to breathe (for example when walking)
- you’re becoming increasingly confused
- you’ve had a fever for more than 3 days
- you’re over 70, suffer from a chronic illness or weakened immune system AND you develop a fever.
Do NOT visit your GP, out of hours service or hospital. This could cause contamination of others.
In case of a life threatening emergency always call 112.